Shop Anthem Medicare Supplement Plans in Virginia with your local Authorized Richmond Agent Steven Hughes. Get an instant quote or contact us today to review Anthem Medicare Supplement Plans! Anthem offers a variety of Medicare supplement plans to meet your needs. To view and compare the Anthem Medicare Supplement plans available in Virginia, please click the Get a Live Quote button to get started.
Having an agent on your side can help you navigate all the Virginia Medicare insurance plan options that are out there. Contact me today so I can talk about your needs, and we will figure out a plan that works within your budget. There are never any extra fees charged to use me as your agent. The premium is the same amount using me as your agent as if you were to purchase the policy directly from Anthem.
Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, sold by private companies, can help pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
Some Medigap policies also offer coverage for services that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, like medical care when you travel outside the U.S. If you have Original Medicare and you buy a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share. A Medigap policy is different from a Medicare Advantage Plan. Those plans are ways to get Medicare benefits, while a Medigap policy only supplements your Original Medicare benefits.
A Medigap plan and a Medicare supplement are one in the same. They are two names for the same thing. So when you see the words “Medicare supplement, it is interchangeable for the word “Medigap”. These plans are also called “Medicare Supplemental Insurance”
1. You must have Medicare Part A and Part B.
2. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan, you can apply for a Medigap policy, but make sure you can leave the Medicare Advantage Plan before your Medigap policy begins.
3. You pay the private insurance company a monthly premium for your Medigap policy in addition to the monthly Part B premium that you pay to Medicare.
4. A Medigap policy only covers one person. If you and your spouse both want Medigap coverage, you’ll each have to buy separate policies.
5. You can buy a Medigap policy from any insurance company that’s licensed in your state to sell one.
6. Any standardized Medigap policy is guaranteed renewable even if you have health problems. This means the insurance company can’t cancel your Medigap policy as long as you pay the premium.
7. Some Medigap policies sold in the past cover prescription drugs, but Medigap policies sold after January 1, 2006 aren’t allowed to include prescription drug coverage. If you want prescription drug coverage, you can join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D).
8. It’s illegal for anyone to sell you a Medigap policy if you have a Medicare Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plan.
These optional discounts are offered:
SAVE $2 on your monthly premium! Enroll in the Automatic Bank Draft or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) program and you will save $2 on your monthly premium. (To enroll, simply complete the Premium
Payment Form.) -Or-SAVE $48 by paying your premium for the entire year! OR (Note: Based on the policy effective date, the discount may be pro-rated the first year.) SAVE 5% when more than one member in the household enrolls in a Medicare Supplement plan with us. The discount is for policies with effective dates of June 1, 2010 or after and available to those members who occupy the same housing unit.
Click on the link below to compare Anthem Medicare Supplement Plans A, F, G & N. After locating the monthly premium, you are ready to review the individual plan pages. These pages provide details of the covered services and what each plan pays. Based on your individual needs, these pages will help you determine the plan that is best for you. You are now ready to ENROLL! Contact us to review your Anthem Medicare insurance policy options.